Zucchini and Watercress Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (reserve 1⁄4 teaspoon for serving)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 4 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1 quart reduced-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 cups watercress, stems removed, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a medium soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, until translucent.
2. Add the zucchini and sauté another 3 minutes. Add the almond butter or cashews and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until the zucchini is tender. Add the watercress and cook for 3 more minutes, then turn
off the heat.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a blender with about a cup of stock and blend until smooth. Pour back into the pot and
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle each serving with 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil and serve with a salad.