Tips for a Healthier Thanksgiving
Turkey day is approaching very fast, and whether you are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner or visiting someone, you need a strategy to navigate your day in a happy and healthy manner (and totally guilt-free!).
Remember, what really matters and has an impact on your body is what you do all the time, not what you do sometimes – so ENJOY your day!!
Here are 4 tips to keep in mind:
- Never arrive at a Thanksgiving dinner starving! Make sure to nourish yourself properly throughout the day before heading to dinner. Include a healthy breakfast, light lunch and a snack.
- If time allows, make time for a light workout. Take a walk early in the day and after dinner to help digestion. Make it fun by inviting other guests for a stroll in the park or in the neighborhood.
- Try a little bit of everything but keep your portions reasonable. If you have an urge to get a second plate, focus on veggies. Remember to eat slowly and chew your food properly – it usually helps eating less.
- Treat yourself, Guilt Free!! You’ve been working really hard on those legs, abs and fabulous arms so treat yourself with a dessert but don’t sabotage yourself by binging.
If you are hosting:
- Pick delicious, fresh and organic ingredients.
- Put together a healthy menu that includes a lot of vegetable side dishes and a healthy salad.
- Don’t prepare too many appetizers. Keep it simple and as light and nutritious as possible.