Chicken Coconut Curry
- 8 ounces organic boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups of Spinach
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red thai curry paste
- (1) 16 ounce can of Coconut milk
- 2 cups of wholegrain Quinoa
Heat up your coconut oil in a pan. Add your chicken, your chopped shallot and garlic. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until golden and then pour the coconut milk, add in your spinach and your curry paste. Leave it to cook on medium/low heat for another 10 to 15 minutes.
For 2 cups of uncooked quinoa you will need 4 cups of water. Bring quinoa and liquid to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Sea salt and pepper to taste.